This gate, a relic of artisanry, led to the upper side of the Medina of the Alhambra. Built in the 15th century on a previous one, it was blown up like the rest of this part of the wall by Napoleon’s retreating army in 1812.
The gate was rebuilt in the 1970s with the help of the illustrations of old paintings and photographs. The circular projecting bastion is prominent in one of Washington Irving’s “Tales of the Alhambra”.
The Festival of Music and Dance of Granada in 1952 provided an impetus to the building of a theatre in the historical-artistic monuments complex.
The soultana’s court
Called that way after being regarded stage of imaginary love legends, fictionalized in the writings of Ginés Pérez de Hita.
The court of the main canal
Also known as "Court of the River", it's a narrow and long space.
The promenade of the cypress trees
Following the Promenade of the Oleander, the Promenade of the Cypress Trees takes the visitor to the place of exit.
Walk of the Oleanders
The Promenade of the Oleanders is connected to the Promenade of the Cypress Trees.
The Romantic Observation point
The top gallery has historic windows geminated of pointed arches.