The Alhambra is the main enclave of a complex territorial structure, demonstrating its importance through its dominion over the city of Granada.
There are several personal information points in the Monumental Complex, relaxation areas, parking areas, cloakrooms, etc. The monumental complex has a wide range of services for making the visit.
This service will only be available in the Monumental Complex of the Alhambra and Generalife which will be free presenting an official ticket for the day. This service is offered to visitors at two points:
- Large ticket machines: 88cm tall, 43.5cm wide, 42cm deep
- Small ticket machines: 43.5cm tall, 43.5cm wide, 42cm deep
Building next to the Puerta del Vino:
- Large ticket machines: 39.5cm tall, 70cm wide, 48.5cm deep
- Small ticket machines: 39.5cm tall, 44.5cm wide, 48.5cm deep
However, due to the limited units available to visitors, these services can only be provided while stocks last.
Entrance of the monumental complex is not permitted with backpacks, bags, suitcases or other objects. Small sized bags are permitted for carrying personal objects, and small backpacks (40x40cm). In the case of entering with small backpacks, they must be worn on the front of the body, to prevent bothering other visitors or rubbing against the walls.
Wi-Fi Alhambra (unesco2012)
There are points where information is provided in various languages on opening hours, itineraries, accesses and all services of the monument. These information points are located in the Monumental Complex in Calle Real, Estafeta building and in the Entrance Pavilion.In the city, in Corral del Carbón, Calle Mariana Pineda, 8.
A complaints, suggestions and commendations form is available to visitors at the information counters of the monument.
They are found in the old post office of Calle Real de la Alhambra, and in the Entrance Pavilion.
The monument has a public car park, monitored and open 24 hours a day, with capacity for 360 vehicles. It has spaces reserved for the disabled, coaches and caravans.
There is public parking for bicycles outside, in Plaza de la Alhambra, next to the Entrance Pavilion.
There are three official shops-bookshops of the Alhambra:
- Access pavilion
- Carlos V Palace
- In the city centre: Reyes católicos street, nº 40
The complex has the following rest areas:
- Partal Gardens
- New Gardens
Additionally, there are other rest areas where eating is allowed
- Plaza de los Aljibes
- Gardens facing the cannons
- Plaza de la Alhambra (Entrance Pavilion)
The Monumental Complex has a health assistance service which can be used in emergencies. It is located in the building next to the Puerta del Vino.
There are baby change facilities in the toilets of the building next to the Puerta del Vino, Generalife (Paseo de los Nogales)
- Mochilas porta-bebé: El Patronato de la Alhambra y el Generalife, ofrece el servicio de custodia de carritos y préstamo de mochilas porta-bebé gratuitamente. El visitante que lo desee podrá depositar su carrito en la Consigna de Puerta del Vino y obtener a cambio una mochila porta-bebé (hasta un máximo de 12 kg) para realizar una visita más cómoda y contribuyendo además a la conservación del monumento.
In different areas of the monumental complex, there are location maps and vertical signs with recommendations for the visit and locations
In different areas of the monumental complex, there are location maps and vertical signs with recommendations for the visit and locations.
Food and drink vending machines
The complex has food and drink vending machines located in the following areas:
- Entrance Pavilion
- Service Pavilion next to the Puerta del Vino