Where can I buy tickets?
- Official website.
- Phone number: +34 858 953 616.
- Automatic machines located in the Alhambra and in the Andalusi monuments.
- Ticket Office, access pavilion (subject to availability for the current day).
Are the tickets nominative?
Yes, tickets are personal and non-transferable. Each visitor must carry his own ticket during the whole visit, and it must be presented with a personal identification document issued by the Ministry of Interior or homologous organization of his country. Either employees of the Council of the Alhambra and Generalife, Security staff or law enforcement authorities could ask for the tickets and identity documents.
Can I change the name of the visitor?
You can change the names of the visitors if the tickets haven’t been printed in the ticket office or the vending machines.
Depending on the number of visitors, these are the modifications:
- From 5 to 9 tickets: 1 name.
- From 10 to 19 tickets: 2 names.
- From 20 to 30: 3 names.
This is the telephone number in which you can modify the names: +34 858 953 616.
Can I change the date or time of the visit?
Once you have confirmed your purchase, it is not possible to change the time or date of the visit. Before paying the tickets, you will see an overview of your booking.
Remember there is a specific time to visit the Nasrid Palaces due to the capacity allowed in them, 300 people every half an hour. If you are not in the entrance of the Nasrid Palaces at the time of your ticket, you won’t be allowed to visit them.
You can visit the rest of the complex (Gardens, Generalife and Alcazaba) anytime from 08:30 to 18:00 (winter) or from 08:30 to 20:00 (summer).
Can I book my ticket online and pay later?
The purchase of tickets online is subject to payment at the time of ordering on the official website. As the demand for tickets is high, our ticket sales site does NOT offer the possibility to reserve a ticket and pay for it later.
The purchase is final and firm.
I want to cancel my ticket. Is it possible?
Any purchase of tickets is final and firm. General conditions of sale provided at the time of purchase, and which you have declared to have read and accepted, fix that it is valid for the date and time indicated.
Once you have purchased your tickets, you can not cancel them unless one of these situations:
- When the visitor couldn’t make the visit due to reasons attributable to the Council of Alhambra and Generalife.
- Subject to any or all of the dispositions established by article 35 of the Spanish decree 40/2017 from 7 of March, which regulate the organization and operation of the General Treasury of the Regional Government of Andalusia and tax revenue management.
I have children. Do they need a ticket?
Even being free, it is compulsory to have a ticket for minors to access the Monumental Complex.
- Minors from 3 to 11 years old: you must book the ticket accompanied by the tickets for adults. Having a ticket is a guarantee for any incident that may occur at the monument.
- Minors under 3 years old: you can ask for the ticket in the ticket office. No booking required, according to article 1.3, Resolution from January 16 th , 2020 (Normativa de Visita, Comercialización y Otros Usos Públicos del Conjunto Monumental de la Alhambra y Generalife y sus bienes adscritos).
Do I need to prove the discount I applied on my ticket?
Yes, if you applied any discount, you need to present any official certifying document in the ticket office in order to validate the reduction.
Are there any discounts for teachers?
According to the Order from September 18 th , 2019, teachers don’t have the right to a reduction.
However, there are special programs aimed at students (https://www.alhambra-patronato.es/descubrir/aprende/programas/comunidadeducativa)
How long does it take to visit the Alhambra?
The general visit to the Alhambra takes around three hours.
How many times can I enter to every place?
You can access to every place inside the Alhambra (Alcazaba, Nasrid Palaces, Partal and Generalife) just once. However, you can go in and out of the complex all the times you need.
For example, if you want to visit any of the areas in the morning, going out to have lunch and coming back to continue, there is not any inconvenience, always taking into account the opening hours of the monument and the special time for Nasrid Palaces.
Can I enter with a backpack?
Only bags smaller than 40×40 cm. are allowed.
There are free lockers for the visitors, showing official tickets for the same day. This service is available in two different points:
- Big lockers: 88×43.5×42 cm.
- Small lockers: 43.5×43.5×42 cm.
Puerta del Vino:
- Big lockers: 39.5x70x48.5 cm.
- Small lockers: 39.5×44.5×48.5 cm.
However, due to the limitation of units this service can only be provided under availability.
Small bags with personal effects are allowed during the visit. If these small bags are backpacks, they must be carried in the front of the body, to avoid inconveniences to other visitors or cause friction with the walls.
How can I organize my visit with a wheelchair?
The Alhambra has an established itinerary for wheelchairs.
The route can be checked at the following link: https://www.alhambra-patronato.es/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/recorrido-general-accesibilidad.pdf
The Council also has some wheelchairs for hire which can be taken out in the access pavilion, under availability. To hire them, it is necessary to show prove of identity and fill in a form. Users will commit themselves to good use and returning of it.
Can I enter with a baby stroller?
No, you can not access inside the buildings with a baby stroller. The Council of Alhambra and Generalife offers a surveillance service for strollers and baby backpacks for hiring, presenting the ticket of the day. Visitors who wish to do so may deposit their stroller in the Puerta del Vino locker and obtain in exchange a baby carrier backpack (up to a maximum of 12 kg.) for a more comfortable visit and also contributing to the conservation of the monument.
Can I enter with pets?
No, you cannot access with animals, except in case of guide dogs and assistance dogs.
Does the Alhambra offer guides or audioguides?
The Council of Alhambra and Generalife does not offer guide services although it is recommended for a better quality of the visit to hire a tourist guide.
However, we offer visitors an audio guide service. For further information: https://www.alhambra-patronato.es/en/visit/services/audioguides
How can I get to the Alhambra?
The visitor has several options to access the grounds of Alhambra.
- Street Cuesta Gomérez (from plaza Nueva).
- Street Cuesta del Realejo (from plaza del Realejo).
- Street Cuesta del Rey Chico or “cuesta de los Chinos” (from Paseo de los Tristes).
- Access to the Alhambra is by the southern round of the city, toward Sierra Nevada, as private transport is not allowed to access Alhambra from the city center.
- You must go to the ring road of Granada that borders the city, toward Motril (south) and follow the signs in direction of Alhambra (Ronda Sur) that will take you to the parking lot of the monument.
- You have to go into Serrallo tunnel, at the roundabout turn left and go up Avda. De Santa María de la Alhambra and then on the Old Cemetery road.
More information: http://www.movilidadgranada.com/bus_index.php
- C30: Alhambra-Centro (Plaza Isabel la Católica).
- C32: Alhambra-Albaicín.
- C35: Cementerio-Barranco del Abogado-Centro.
Is there any parking for visitors?
Yes, Alhambra car park has 360 parking spaces and is guarded 24 hours. There are four areas, one of them for buses and caravans.
Are there toilets inside?
Yes, there are toilets outside the complex, next to the ticket office but also inside the Alhambra (in Generalife and in the area of Nasrid Palaces).
How can I become a guide in the Alhambra?
In order to work as a guide in the Alhambra you need to present your Tourist guide license, your identity card and fill in a form and you will receive a QR code for the Alhambra.
The Alhambra is the main enclave of a complex territorial structure, which shows its predominance over the city of Granada.
Despite the limitations presented by the characteristics of the space through which the public visit route runs, with numerous narrow rooms, steps and uneven areas, as well as strictly conservationist reasons, technical measures and appropriate itineraries have been made available, facilitating access for visits by people with reduced mobility.
The free access to architectural barriers of the Monumental Complex of the Alhambra and Generalife, and the possibility of circulating through the different spaces without inconveniences or obstacles, are essential conditions for achieving full accessibility, which is being worked on.