It is one of the four main official gates of the Alhambra and the most commonly used by the people of Granada for access into the fortress. Until the end of the 14th century it was the only gate leading directly to the centre of Granada. The other three gates were located in the outer wall of the city.
It is also one of the main structures built during the Nasrid period in the 13th century, and is architecturally and ornamentally related to the traditional Almohade concept of protective L-shaped passageways.
The Festival of Music and Dance of Granada in 1952 provided an impetus to the building of a theatre in the historical-artistic monuments complex.
The soultana’s court
Called that way after being regarded stage of imaginary love legends, fictionalized in the writings of Ginés Pérez de Hita.
The court of the main canal
Also known as "Court of the River", it's a narrow and long space.
The promenade of the cypress trees
Following the Promenade of the Oleander, the Promenade of the Cypress Trees takes the visitor to the place of exit.
Walk of the Oleanders
The Promenade of the Oleanders is connected to the Promenade of the Cypress Trees.
The Romantic Observation point
The top gallery has historic windows geminated of pointed arches.