Outstanding is the long pool in the central courtyard with a lush garden, on the sides of which are the ruins of some rooms.
There are four main gates in the wall, two on the north side, -the Gate of Arms and the Gate of the Arrabal, and two on the south side,the Gate of Justice and the Gate of the Seven Floors.
It was the residential area of the royal guard in charge of the security of the palatial city
la Torre de la Vela, nombrada en época nazarí torre Mayor y durante el siglo XVI puerta del Sol ya que se refleja en la fachada de mediodía actuando como un reloj de sol para la ciudad.
The decision to build the Palace in the Alhambra symbolized the triumph of Christianity over Islam.
The tour of the Alhambra also includes a visit to the museum, with its collection of Nasrid Art, which was found in archaeological excavations or restoration works in the Monument.
With Latin-cross floor design and side chapels, outstanding is its Baroque altarpiece framed by large Solomon-style columns from the 17th century
Drawings, paintings, musical scores and letters of the Grenadian composer, Ángel Barrios, form this collection
Two round fountains with water flowing into a pool in the centre of the court are its main feature.
Counsel of Ministers meetings and worship took place in these rooms.
The beautiful woodwork ceiling gives its name to this room, whose original decoration is attributed to Muhammad V.
The Sultan received his vassals at the foot of the Façade of Comares, which separated the administrative and familiar sectors inside the Palace.
The Main Canal acts as a mirror that reflects the building structures and breaks the structural horizontal lines of the court.
There are two possible origins of its name: its cylindrical vault or the Arab term “al-baraka”, which is repeatedly inscribed on its walls.
This Throne Room is the largest room of the building, flanked by nine small rooms, one of which was reserved for the Sultan
The baths being essential Moorish urban elements, it is easy to understand why each palace in the Alhambra has its own baths.
One of the rooms in the Palace of the Lions was used as a hall or vestibule owing to its proximity to the main entrance of the Palace
The Court of the Lions – Fountain – Water Jet . Alhambra of Granada
A spectacular vault decorated with eight-point star-shaped stalactites that open out on eight elephant-like trunks is the most remarkable ornamental element of the hall.
Five alcoves that flank a large hall were used for receptions and celebrations. Their domed ceilings are its most remarkable feature.
It got its name from the ajimeces, wooden balconies with latticework that are found in this room.
The vault, which has a central star motif made up of stalactites, is the masterpiece of the second main chamber of the Palace of the Lions.
The delicate tile decoration and the well-proportioned Nasrid architectural style make this one of most beautiful of the Alhambra Palaces
His visit to the Alhambra impressed him so much that he decided to build an “imperial suite” near the Moorish palaces.
An open gallery overlooking the Tower of Abu-I-Hayyay that breaks with the conventional wall patterns.
A balcony occupies the upper part of the south loft serving as a corridor between the rooms and protecting them
Though structurally similar to the Court of the Grated Window, it is more cloister-like. It bears the name of its balcony.
A large central pond faces the arched portico behind which stands the Tower of the Ladies
Rawda means cemetery. It was here, beside the Palace of the Lions, where the royal family interred its deceased family members
Several towers can be found along the route from the Partal Gardens to the Generalife and the Upper Alhambra.
Andalusian and Islamic, the Alhambra was conceived as a city built for the royal court.
Coming away from the lovely intricacy of the Partal Gardens, the narrow way that connects the two palaces of the Alhambra leads to a snug platform with a handrail extending along the foot of the wall that encloses the Palace of Yusuf III (1408-1417).
Outstanding is the long pool in the central courtyard with a lush garden, on the sides of which are the ruins of some rooms marking the site of a large building, structurally resembling the Palace of Comares .
At the front of the courtyard are the remains of what once was the main room of the palace: a tower overlooking a portico in the open patio. The remains of the walls now form a terrace that, as was the case in medieval times, provides one of loveliest views to be had in the Alhambra.
Some of the excavated remains are attributed to the work of Yusuf III; however, it has been suggested that the building may have belonged to a previous sultan, Muhammad II (1273-1302), having been subsequently renovated and redecorated.
Discovered during an archaeological dig in the 1930s, it was identified as being the Palace of Mondéjar, or Tendilla. The palace was given to Mondéjar and subsequently housed the Alcaides, or the Alhambra keepers.
In 1718 the family, famous in political and cultural circles at the time, was stripped of its entitlements by Philip V, and the building was demolished, parts of its structure being sold off.