La primitiva construcción de las Torres Bermejas debió pertenecer a un conjunto de torres vigías.
The Renaissance gate replaced a previous one that was Muslim. On its tympanum is an imperial coat of arms topped by three pomegranates after which the gate is named.
The Gate of the Wagons is not originally from the Nasrid period, it was carried out later, between 1526 and 1536.
This sculpture is dedicated to the figure of the famous New York writer Washington Irving (1783-1859) to commemorate the 150th anniversary of his death.
This is popularly known as the gate of Bibrrambla, Bab al-Ramla in Arabic or gate of Arenal, (sand) names that it adopted according to the place where it was originally located.
Located beside the Gate of Justice, its structure symbolizes the three rivers of Granada.
Also known as the Bride’s Palace or the Newlywed’s Palace.
Also known as Santa Elena’s Castle, it was built to guard and protect an area of the Generalife where water is channelled.
The Catalans’ Villa is located in the southeast, adjacent to the Alhambra Wood, also known as the Split Rock.
he Rodriguez-Acosta Foundation was created in 1941, thanks to the benefaction of the painter Jose Maria Rodriguez-Acosta..
On the other side of the Gate of the Pomegranates is the Alhambra wood, with a road and two side trails.
In addition to being a natural reserve and a rustic area, the park has sporting facilities, hiking paths and places of archaeological interest.
The Alhambra complex is a venue for the activities of a number of cultural associations.
The three towers on the site, strategically situated around the Granada Vega or Meadow, were probably part of the first Alhambra Alcazaba or Citadel.
Manuel Gómez-Moreno González and Luis de Mármol suggest that they were built during the reign of Muhammad I, the founder of the Nasrid dynasty; however, the structures on the perimeter of the site, which resemble those of the Alcazaba, date back to the 11th century.
At this point in time the site consists of three towers, the tallest being the one in the middle, and an artillery bastion from the Christian era. On the interior perimeter are the visible remains of numerous Muslim tombstones, leading to speculation that the towers were reinforced by the Christians.
An important bastion in the defence of the area, the Crimson Towers (Torres Bermejas) is linked by a wall to the Alhambra Alcazaba.