Researcher Member Card

Card holders may conduct research studies on the Historical-Artistic Monumental Complex.

More information

For your interest

Researcher Member Cards are given to accredited researchers to conduct research studies at the premises of the Council of the Alhambra and the Generalife (Archive, Library, Museum and Monument).

Researchers willing to conduct research on the Monument may obtain a 10-day temporary pass until the permanent card is issued.

The researcher must fill in the “Researcher Member Card application form” that can be downloaded from this website, or requested at the Council’s head office in Calle Real de la Alhambra (next to the Parador de San Francisco).

Together with the application form include a copy of your IC, two photographs and a reference letter signed by the scientific authority that is in charge of the research work or by the researcher himself specifying the purpose of the research work to develop, addressed to the Director of the Council of the Alhambra and the Generalife.

The Council of the Alhambra and the Generalife then opens a file and issues the card for a maximum length of one year, after which it can be renewed.

The researcher commits himself to submit a copy with the results of his research work.

The application form is submitted to the Council of the Alhambra at one of the following addresses:

Patronato de la Alhambra y el Generalife

C/ Real de la Alhambra s/n

18009 Granada


In terms of archive and library use, we provide temporary access to those wishing to access the collections in specific occasions without the need of reference use for a long period of time, and to researcher stuff, by means of a sporadic access card. For application, please contact the Servicio de Investigación y Difusión (Research and Dissemination Department) (archivo.biblioteca.pag(at)

The card can be collected Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 2.00 pm at the Mimbre House office.