HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 06:50:47 GMT Server: Apache Set-Cookie: fe_typo_user=148671b08d25aceeae026847608b843f; path=/; domain=.alhambra-patronato.es Connection: close Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
The Museum of the Alhambra is located on the south side of the ground floor of the Palace of Charles V (Palacio de Carlos V). It has seven halls, the first hall houses thematic exhibitions and the other halls are located in chronological order.
From the time when the Palaces of the Alhambra were occupied by the Catholic Monarchs, the remaining domestic objects were protected, reused and enjoyed by the new Court. Throughout the centuries, the remaining objects and building elements were used to decorate the chambers or were stored in different areas of the palaces. In later periods, the most relevant objects and elements found in the Alhambra were preserved in the Museum.
The number and quality of the items exhibited in the Museum of the Alhambra make it the best collection of Spanish-Moorish Art in general and of Nasrid Art in particular.
The Archaeological Museum of the Alhambra was founded in 1940; in 1962 it was called the National Museum of Spanish-Moorish Art (Museo Nacional de Arte Hispanomusulmán) and since 1994 it has been managed by the Council of the Alhambra and the Generalife with the name of Museum of the Alhambra (Museo de la Alhambra).
Located in the interior of the Palace of Charles V
Admission to the Permanent Exhibition is free
The Permanent Collection starts to look like a "Museum" in the mid 19th century
20 members on duty in the Museum everyday