The following guidelines regulate visits to the Monumental complex and the stay of visitors. Therefore, visitors are requested to observe these rules in order to make the protection of the Monument compatible with the use by citizens and scholars of his precious historical heritage property in the most appropriate conditions.
Visits to the Monument:
- Plan to arrive one hour ahead of the schedule for the admission ticket to the Nasrid Palaces, since the duration of the complete visit is approximately of three hours.
- You are only allowed to visit the places that are established in the itinerary of the public visit corresponding to the type of admission ticket purchased.
- In case of having an admission ticket, because you bought it earlier, it is recommended to visit the complex through the Gate of Justice (Puerta de la Justicia)
- Visitors with no ticket can purchase them at the box office counter or at the automatic ticket machines located in the Entrance Pavilion; from here you have access to the Alcazaba, the Nasrid Palaces and the Generalife.
- Visitors, including those visitors who have purchased their tickets in advance, are recommended to get to the Monument long before the start of the visit due to the great number of people that gathers at the accesses to the Alhambra, especially on the weekends and holidays.
- From July 21st tickets can also be purchased at the La Caixa bank cash machines, the collaborator bank entity with Serviticket that currently manages this service.
- If the tickets are not purchased at the La Caixa bank cash machine and they have to be collected in the Entrance Pavilion, please plan your visit according to the scheduled time of your visit to the Nasrid Palaces, postponing your visit to the Alcazaba, the Palace of Charles V and the Generalife.
- Similarly, visitors with no tickets can purchase their tickets at the box office counters or automatic ticket machines of the Alhambra or at the La Caixa bank cash machines depending on ticket availability.
- Visitors with ticket are recommended to access the Monument through the Gate of Justice (Puerta de la Justicia)
- For safety reasons visitors who are accompanied by children under 8 will have to hold their hands as a preventive measure given the structural peculiarities of the complex.
- The entrance of the last group of visitors is one hour before closing time. If the time assigned to visit the Nasrid Palaces corresponds with the last visiting group of the day, it is recommended to visit the Generalife and the Fortress before visiting the Nasrid Palaces, since this area takes at least half an hour to be visited. The complex starts to be cleared after closing time.