The zone was simultaneously divided into the three parts that constitute the New Garden (Jardines Nuevos) today. In 1931 a section resembling a labyrinth garden, with arched rose gardens and cypress trees, was finished near the building; in 1951 the section was extended in accordance with the architect Prieto Moreno’s design for a Muslim-style garden, with an irrigation channel crossing, streets, cypress lined walls, a pergola and a view of both the Alhambra and the city.
Finally, in 1952, the outdoor amphitheatre was built for the Granada International Festival of Music and Dance, which as been held there ever since.
The Festival of Music and Dance of Granada in 1952 provided an impetus to the building of a theatre in the historical-artistic monuments complex.
The soultana’s court
Called that way after being regarded stage of imaginary love legends, fictionalized in the writings of Ginés Pérez de Hita.
The court of the main canal
Also known as "Court of the River", it's a narrow and long space.
The promenade of the cypress trees
Following the Promenade of the Oleander, the Promenade of the Cypress Trees takes the visitor to the place of exit.
Walk of the Oleanders
The Promenade of the Oleanders is connected to the Promenade of the Cypress Trees.
The Romantic Observation point
The top gallery has historic windows geminated of pointed arches.