It was located at the face of the wall of the medina de Granada until the last quarter of the 19th century, and between 1873 and 1884 a process began for its demolition. This door accessed the square of the same name, the nerve-center of Nasrid Granada which extended over the plain. It was made mainly from mudwall, with certain formal and structural elements made from stone,
After a process of polemic debate on the demolition or renovation of the door, and although its structure was declared a National Monument, it was ultimately disassembled. The door was taken apart piece by piece and kept in the Archaeological Museum of Granada, until 1933 when conservation architect of the Alhambra, Leopoldo Torres Balbás decided to reconstruct it and place it in its original location, in the Paseo de las Alamedas of the Alhambra, as the Puerta de las Granadas is crossed on the left, inserted in the forest. It is perfectly integrated in the Monumental Complex with the architectural taste of the period, the “poetry of ruins”, evoking past-times in the imaginations of passers-by since the start of the 20th century.
The Festival of Music and Dance of Granada in 1952 provided an impetus to the building of a theatre in the historical-artistic monuments complex.
The soultana’s court
Called that way after being regarded stage of imaginary love legends, fictionalized in the writings of Ginés Pérez de Hita.
The court of the main canal
Also known as "Court of the River", it's a narrow and long space.
The promenade of the cypress trees
Following the Promenade of the Oleander, the Promenade of the Cypress Trees takes the visitor to the place of exit.
Walk of the Oleanders
The Promenade of the Oleanders is connected to the Promenade of the Cypress Trees.
The Romantic Observation point
The top gallery has historic windows geminated of pointed arches.